Resumes & Interviewing Skills
Hugo Negron, MA, MA, PHR
MA degrees in clinical and industrial/organizational psychology
Professional in Human Resources
Office Locations are at 2205 Point Blvd, Suite 125, Elgin, IL 60123
(Near the Intersection of I-90 and Randall Rd)
28 S. 5th Street, Geneva, IL 60134
Please call 630-215-5226 to make an appointment.
Not able to meet Hugo in person--we use e-mail, phone, & Skype too!
What is a resume?
It’s a selling tool – a way of gaining interest in your product (you!). A candidate may have the skills required for a position, but without a good resume, he/she will never be able to present that knowledge in order to get into the front door for that all important next step – the interview!
Your resume needs to tell the potential employer what job you are looking for, what your qualifications are, your experiences, and the level of your accomplishments before you can move further up the hiring process pipeline. Our workshops can be tailored for individuals or groups looking to improve their resume/interviewing techniques, OR the employer looking to improve their interviewing skills. We will help you to improve your resume, or create one from scratch!
Through assignments, projects, role-playing, and examples, we will cover the following areas:·
- Resume formats (chronological, functional, combinations, and curriculum vitae) and the advantages/disadvantages of each.·
- A step-by-step development walkthrough for a proper resume from objective to summary, education to experience. We will cover “action” words to use, winning factors, accomplishments vs. activities, tailoring your resume for specific opportunities, and more.
- Top mistakes you shouldn’t make on your resume.
- The many types of interview styles, what you should do at an interview, questions you should ask, and questions you shouldn’t!·
- Similarly, the questions interviewers shouldn’t ask, and the various laws (Title VII, ADA, ADEA, and more) that you (or an employer) should be aware of.
- Interviewer/interviewee biases and how they can affect the interview.
- Follow-up calls/emails/letters.
Like to Know More? Let us help you get started in fine-tuning your resume, as well as your interviewing techniques! Please visit our Contact Us page today!